A Certificate of Occupancy is the formal approval document which confirms your property is techinically fit to live in.
A Final Building Inspection is undertaken by a private certifier, and is a mandantory step during the practical completion of your property to ensure the property is:
- Safe to occupy
- Built in accordance with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and relevant Australian Standards
- The construction adheres to the relevant state building laws
The builder will issue a Certificate of Occupancy together with the final invoice. Your lender may require this document to release the final payment.
Property Investment Journey
- About DPN
DPN Dual Income Property
- Introducing Dual Income property
- Purchasing a Dual Income property
- Building a Dual income property
DPN Property Management